Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Midwest Medigap’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Midwest Medigap’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Midwest Medigap at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Midwest Medigap’s web site are provided “as is”. Midwest Medigap makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Midwest Medigap does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Midwest Medigap or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Midwest Medigap’s Internet site, even if Midwest Medigap or a Midwest Medigap authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Midwest Medigap’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Midwest Medigap does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Midwest Medigap may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Midwest Medigap does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Midwest Medigap has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Midwest Medigap of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Midwest Medigap’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS – CALIFORNIA
To the extent the law applies to Company, Company is required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended, to provide certain information to California residents about how we collect, use, and share their Personal Information in our capacity as a business, and about the rights and choices California residents may have concerning their Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning provided in the CCPA.
This section applies only to California residents. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law. To exercise any of these rights, please click here. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information.
The following disclosures are made in compliance with the CCPA, as amended. In the past twelve (12) months, we have collected the Personal Information described above, and disclosed it to the third parties listed under the section “Sharing Personal Information” for the business purposes identified therein and under the section “Use of Personal Information.” This information falls into the following categories of Personal Information under the CCPA:
- Categories of Personal Information described in section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Commercial information;
- Geolocation information;
- Audio, electronic, or visual information;
- Internet or electronic network activity information;
- Professional or employment-related information; and
- Sensitive personal information identified by asterisk (*) in the above table.
As disclosed above in “Sale and Sharing of Personal Information” we may engage in activity that may be considered “selling” or “sharing” Personal Information. If you wish to opt out of this use of your Personal Information, click here:.
We do not use or disclose sensitive Personal Information (indicated in the section “Personal Information We Collect” with an asterisk (*)) for purposes other than those specified in Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, § 7027(m).
Below is a summary of your rights under the CCPA. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
You may request that we provide the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The sources from which that Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, and/or sharing your Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information we shared or sold about you;
- The categories of third parties to whom we shared or sold Personal Information about you;
- The categories of Personal Information we disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you for a business purpose.
Request a Copy of Your Personal Information
You may request a copy of your Personal Information.
You may submit a request that Company disclose the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected, used, or disclosed about you.
Please note that simply because Company has provided the categories of Personal Information it may collect pursuant to California law does not mean Company necessarily collected all of the specific pieces of Personal Information listed for any given person. Also, please note where Personal Information was disclosed within the past twelve (12) months, it may have been disclosed only to service providers.
You may request to edit or correct your Personal Information at any time.
You may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete the Personal Information you have provided to us
Opt Out of Sales and/or Sharing
The CCPA may classify our use of some services as “selling” or “sharing” your Personal Information with the partners that provide the services. You can opt out of the “selling” and/or “sharing” of your Personal Information.
Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
We use sensitive Personal Information only as necessary for our (1) service delivery and operations, (2) compliance and protection, (3) quality control and improvements, or (4) Service improvement and analytics purposes in accordance with CCPA. If we use sensitive Personal Information outside the permitted purposes of CCPA, you have the right to limit such processing of sensitive Personal Information
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your account credentials before you can submit a rights request. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect your account has been accessed without your authorization, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification.
Company is legally obligated to verify your identity when you submit a request. We may request additional information from you to verify your identity. If you submit a request to delete your Personal Information, you will also be required to confirm the deletion request by email.
If we are subsequently unable to confirm your identity, we may refuse your rights request.
Use of Authorized Agents
You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request. If you do so, the authorized agent must present signed written authorization to act on your behalf, and you will also be required to independently verify your own identity directly with us and confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the rights request. This verification process is not necessary if your authorized agent provides documentation showing that the authorized agent has power of attorney to act on your behalf under Cal. Prob. Code §§ 4121 to 4130.
Last Updated: August 17, 2023